useless (comparative more useless, superlative most useless)
- Without use or possibility to be used.
- This fork has prongs that are bent. Its useless now.
- Unhelpful, not useful; pointless (of an action).
- I think its useless to keep this discussion going. Its like talking to a wall.
- I tried my best to make him quit smoking, but my efforts were useless. He now smokes six packs a day.
- (pejorative): (of a person) good-for-nothing; not dependable.
- Bill never mows the lawn, takes out the trash or anything. Hes useless, but I love him anyways.
- (colloquial): (of a person) unable to do well at a particular task or thing. Useless is mildly insulting.
- My brother is useless at most computer games, but he is an awesome PS2 player.
- Why do you keep trying? Youre obviously useless at it.